PROJECT REPORT . KSK Kaufbeuren
The savings bank KSK Kaufbeuren underwent major renovation. Final point of the interior decoration was the fitting of 3 huge glass cubes made of 12 mm toughened low iron glass with polished bevelled edges in January 2013.
The panels with sizes up to 2900 x 3000 mm were digitally printed with uv curing ink after our inline pretreatment with a design by the artist Christian Hoerl. The panels were bonded to form a cube and lighting is installed in the cube.
The shining cubes make an overwhelming impression when entering the customer area of the bank. Some of the printed images have cut outs with screens bonded to the back side to display customer information.
- toughened low iron glass with polished bevelled edges 12 mm
- 5 panels 2.900 x 3.000 mm – weight: 260 kg / panel
- 6 panels 400 x 3.000 mm – weight: 36 kg / panel
- uv digital print 6c for backlighting with white diffusing layer and cut outs for displays
- additional white print on mounting edges to cover up installation traces